Vast recipe — Since most people are cooking at home more during the COVID-19 pandemic, Vast Recipes Stacey Baca is revealing another family recipe — homemade granola.
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. In a larger bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto two sheet pans. Cook for an hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven and transfer into large bowl. Add raisins and enjoy with everything!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 cup cashews (optional)
(You can use 2 cups of any nuts, actually. Nuts are also expensive, so you can skip them altogether. Stacey has made this with a variety of measurements when it comes to the nuts – from none to 2 full cups.)
- One-quarter cup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Three-quarters teaspoon salt
- Three-quarter cup coconut
- One-quarter cup and 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- One-quarter cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins (optional)